Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] don't store file information

2009-06-04 05:16:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] don't store file information
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:11:09 +0200
Hi,

is it possible to configure a backup job to _not_ store information
about the backed up files/paths etc in the database?

I recently tried to backup my BackupPC pool with bacula. BackupPC
makes excessive use of hardlinks, I ended up with 50 GB of data in my
postgres database only for this single backup job!

I don't need the file information, the bacula backup will only be used
if I have to restore the whole BackupPC pool for desaster recovery.

I couldn't find a option for this in the FileSet, Client or Job
resources.

A very short file retention won't help, because my diskspace for the
database is not even enough to store this information at all (the job
ended with an database error during the batch inserts...).

Ralf