Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] please help with understanding WildDir

2009-06-03 09:08:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] please help with understanding WildDir
From: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 07:59:00 -0500
Morning,

I have been running bacula for quite some time (wonderful system). I'm
tweaking my backups to reduce just how much stuff is backed up and
eliminate those things that can be reinstalled rather than restored if
needed. Today I'm looking at a series of files that are copied from an
internal source code repositiory. Since the source code repository is
backed up nightly, I don't want to backup up an individual's copies of
those files (the individuals are by company policy required to manage
any files checked out that have changes that are not yet checked back
in to the source code repository).

In my bacula-dir.conf I have a line: WildDir =
"/opt/data/*/p4" In last night's backup I have the
following file that was backed up: (query, 12, $jobid)
/opt/data/user/p4/user_shared/product/dist_sdk/PluginSDK/src/plugins/CaeXML/x64/Debug/runtimeWrite.obj

My understanding, that I must have wrong, is that since the
bacula-dir.conf this section of the File Set has Exclude = yes that
/opt/data/*/p4 is excluded that also implies that anything under
/opt/data/*/p4 is also excluded. I do have a statement further down
in the File Set section of 'File = /opt/data' so that everything else
is included.

Is there a conflict in what I have done?  Is there a better way to
exclude part and include the rest?

Thanks for your time.

Mike

Bacula 2.0.3 (I'm working on an upgrade for this summer)