Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula, XFS, and Inode64

2009-06-02 17:26:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula, XFS, and Inode64
From: "Walton, Bryan K" <bryan-walton AT uiowa DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net.
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:17:40 -0500
Hi,

We have an XFS filesystem that we are running out of inodes on.
Therefore, we need to mount this filesystem with the inode64 mount
option (this is a 64-bit Linux server running 64-bit Debian).  According
to the man page for "mount", it says:

--- SNIP ---

inode64
              Indicates  that XFS is allowed to create inodes at any
location in the filesystem, including those which will result in inode
numbers occupying more than 32 bits of significance.  This is provided
for backwards compatibility, but causes problems for backup applications
that cannot handle large inode numbers.

--- END ---

The Bacula client daemon running on the 64-bit system, housing the
filesystem in question is a 64-bit application.  HOWEVER, the Bacula
server is a 32-bit machine.

Can anybody tell me whether we might encounter problems with Bacula if
we mount this filesystem with the inode64 option?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton

--
Bryan K. Walton                          Division of Physiologic Imaging
Systems Administrator           University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics