Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 3.0.1 authentication - File daemon rejected Hello command

2009-06-02 06:49:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 3.0.1 authentication - File daemon rejected Hello command
From: Victor Sterpu <victor AT casnt DOT ro>
To: Christian Gaul <christian.gaul AT otop DOT de>, Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 13:48:21 +0300
Christian Gaul wrote:
Victor Sterpu schrieb:

Christian Gaul wrote:

Thomas Mueller schrieb:

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:31:30 +0300, Victor Sterpu wrote:

I've just installed bacula 3.0.1 and I have the following error "File
daemon at "<ip>:9102" rejected Hello command".

Thank you.

(maybe) your file daemon is not version 3.x . this command IMHO was
introduced with 3.0.

- thomas

I would guess his Filedaemon is version 3.x but his Director is still 2.4.x.

AFAIK it is not supported to upgrade a FD to a higher version that the
DIR/SD.

In instaled bacula 3.0.1 yesterday, but the version command from
bacula console returns 2.4.4.
I guess you have the same problem.

After checking your configuration you need to restart all daemons for
the new version to actually be running (be careful, you also need to
update the database).

You should probably read the upgrade guide (wiki? release notes?
something like that) to make sure you know how to get a working
configuration before starting on the upgrade.

I did restarted the bacula services, but still, the reported version is 2.4.4.
I also installed the latest tar.gz 3.0.1 on another clean machine and the reported version is still 2.4.4.
I received the error "rejected Hello command" trying to check the status off a windows fd. The fd is at version 3.0.1.
I didn't try on a linux client.
I belive there is a problem with the tar.gz posted on source forge.
I installed the 3.0.0 version now. Is working well.

Thank you.