Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 3.0.1 authentication - File daemon rejected Hello command

2009-06-02 06:37:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 3.0.1 authentication - File daemon rejected Hello command
From: Christian Gaul <christian.gaul AT otop DOT de>
To: Victor Sterpu <victor AT casnt DOT ro>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 12:32:44 +0200
Victor Sterpu schrieb:
> Christian Gaul wrote:
>> Thomas Mueller schrieb:

>>> (maybe) your file daemon is not version 3.x . this command IMHO was
>>> introduced with 3.0.
>>>
>>> - thomas

>> I would guess his Filedaemon is version 3.x but his Director is still 2.4.x.
>>
>> AFAIK it is not supported to upgrade a FD to a higher version that the
>> DIR/SD.

> In instaled bacula 3.0.1 yesterday, but the version command from
> bacula console returns 2.4.4.
> I guess you have the same problem.

After checking your configuration you need to restart all daemons for
the new version to actually be running (be careful, you also need to
update the database).

You should probably read the upgrade guide (wiki? release notes?
something like that) to make sure you know how to get a working
configuration before starting on the upgrade.