Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] markdir not working on some directories

2009-05-13 10:17:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] markdir not working on some directories
From: C.Keschnat AT internet-mit-iQ DOT de
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:11:48 +0200

Hey,
I had problems restoring files until I found the solution in the docu, to be specific:
"You selected one or more files in a directory, but did not select the directory entry to be restored. In that case, if the directory is not on disk Bacula simply creates the directory with some default attributes which may not be the same as the original. If you do not select a directory and all its contents to be restored, you can still select items within the directory to be restored by individually marking those files, but in that case, you should individually use the "markdir" command to select all higher level directory entries (one at a time) to be restored if you want the directory entries properly restored."

I wanted to restore a file: /usr/local/nagios/TEST/3.

markdir works perfectly fine on "TEST" and on "nagios". Trying it on "local" or "usr" results in "No directories marked.". 3 is a file, in "nagios" there are several directories. "local" only has the subdirectory "nagios" and "usr" only has "local", so I think it has something to do with having less than 2 subdirectories/files. Any Ideas?

Chris