Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] an error during virtual backup

2009-05-12 10:03:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] an error during virtual backup
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:30:14 +0300
On Tuesday 12 May 2009 16:25:01 Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Device {
> >  Name = device-note
> >  Archive Device = /backup/bacula/note
> > }
> > Device {
> >  Name = device-note-virtual
> >  Archive Device = /backup/bacula/note
> > }
>
> I have no idea what Virtual Backups are, and so this may be just dumb. But
you described two devices with the same device file.

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html#SECTION00370000000000000000

> Is that how it should be?

Yes, because I use disk-based backups, so actually I'd like to use only one
device, but because of the limit I mentioned, it can't be done :(

--
Silver