Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula-users] remote drives - problem solved

2009-04-28 12:03:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula-users] remote drives - problem solved
From: Bernd Plagge <bplagge AT choicenet.ne DOT jp>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 00:55:02 +0900

Hello List,

I read the code in the SVN.

In find_one.c the drive type is checked. The comment reads:
"Check to see if we allow the drive type of a file or directory. If we don't
have a list of drive types we accept anything"

In program drivetype.c the following drive types are identified: removable,
fixed, remote, cdrom, ramdisk

Therefore the FileSet resource should read:

FileSet {
  Name = "KLJ_Backup"
  Enable VSS = yes
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      ignore case = yes
      Exclude = yes
      EnhancedWild = yes
      DriveType = fixed
      DriveType = remote
      onefs = no
   }
}

I tried it without any DriveType but this didn't work but it does work if 2
lines are specified.
Also I set the "onefs = no" directive (one file system = no).

While the example bacula-dir.conf file does contain a "DriveType = fixed" the
parameter is not mentioned in the 3.0 documentation.
For the benefit of others please correct the documentation.

Regards,
Bernd