Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] copy jobs between different storage resources

2009-04-27 15:55:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] copy jobs between different storage resources
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:49:59 +0200
Hi,

27.04.2009 19:39, Michael Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i didn't find any restriction about copying Jobs (Type "C") between two
> storage resources located on different SD's.
> I tried but the job always get canceled telling the the SD is not aware
> of the resource (original pool storage)
>
> i already found that the copy jobs cant be on the same SD within the
> same storage resource, but nothing when the
> resources are not located on the same SD, or am i doing something wrong ?
> any hints welcome ...

Those jobs need to run in the same SD:

 From the "New Features" chapter: "A new Copy job type 'C' has been
implemented. It is similar to the existing Migration feature [...]".

And Migration Job in the manual: "Migration is only implemented for a
single Storage daemon. You cannot read on one Storage daemon and write
on another."

So, you need (at least) two storage devices defined for one SD, and
can copy between those.

Arno

> regards
> Michael Lang