Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] file-deamon with alias name

2009-04-27 04:00:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] file-deamon with alias name
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:55:15 +0200
Hi,

24.04.2009 11:17, Ralf Brinkmann wrote:
> Is it in any way possible to give the file-daemon an alias name to
> represent the DNS alias name of that server?

I guess I must misunderstand the request, because it seems too simple:
Just set the name in the conf file to whatever you like.

If you want this done automatically at each FD start, put a construct
like this:

cd /usr/local/demo-bacula/etc
rm -f dynamic-fd.conf
h=`hostname`
sed -e "s/@@HOSTNAME@@/${h}/g" >dynamic-fd.conf <hostname-fd.conf
../sbin/bacula-fd -c dynamic-fd.conf

into your startup script and use

FileDaemon {                          # this is me
   Name = @@HOSTNAME@@
   FDport = 59001                  # where we listen for the director
   WorkingDirectory = /var/demo-bacula
   Pid Directory = /var/run
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}