Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] duplicate jobs in 3.0

2009-04-24 03:57:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] duplicate jobs in 3.0
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:52:47 +0300
Hello.

In Bacula 2.x I used to use my own script that I ran in dir before every job.
The script would query dir whether the job is already ran (the job may be
still waiting for smth or running) and if this is the case, the script would
return 1 and cancel the job.

I hoped that would be the case with "Allow Duplicate Jobs = no" in 3.0 (I'm
using it on FreeBSD), but it seems the directive doesn't change anything, at
least in my case:

1) I ran a job with level=Full and
2) started another instance of the same job with level=Incremental
3) I saw the 2nd job's level upgraded to Full ("No prior or suitable Full
backup found in catalog") and then
4) the 2nd job started waiting for the storage (as it uses the same device as
the 1st job, and a device may have only 1 job using it, even if the device is
HDD).
5) After the 1st job completed running, the 2nd started running.

This is exactly the same scenario I wrote my "cancelling duplicate jobs
script" for. I don't understand what's the point of the new duplicate job
control (because I first thought it was to resolve the problem described
above). Or doesn't it just work?

Anyone having success with it?

--
Silver