Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] is there a way to run full jobs on one sd, but run virtual full jobs or copy jobs on another sd?

2009-04-23 03:43:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] is there a way to run full jobs on one sd, but run virtual full jobs or copy jobs on another sd?
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:37:22 +0200
Hi,

22.04.2009 22:29, mzheng wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am playing with the virtual full and copy job options and I have a
> question to ask: both ran fine with storages on the same SD (storage
> daemon).  That is if I am running normal backup jobs on host A, I can
> run a virtual full job or copy job on the same host A.  My question is,
> is it possible to run normal backup jobs on host A, but run its copy job
> on host B, which is physically a different machine?  Essentially I want
> a back up of the backups at a different location.

No, that's not currently possible. For now, a migration or copy job
can only use resources from one SD only.

You could copy or move the resulting files to another machine if you
use file volumes, of course.

Enhancing Bacula so that it allows cross-SD copies and migration is
already on the wish list but needs someone to actually implement it.

Arno

> Thanks!

> Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and
> around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
> $200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
> 300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today.
> Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück