Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup with multiple tape drives

2009-04-22 12:09:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup with multiple tape drives
From: Benjamin Minshall <minshall AT intellicon DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:00:02 -0400
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to make bacula 2.4.4 backup a single job
to multiple tape drives?  I have a machine with three DDS drives and the
monthly full backup is large enough to require at least two, sometimes three
tapes.  I would like to load a freshly labeled tape into each drive on Friday
night and have Bacula automatically select the next drive rather than blocking
all weekend waiting for me to insert the next tape in drive #1.  Does anyone
have a recommendation?

Sony DDS-4 SCSI tape drives
Debian Linux, kernel 2.6.29.1
Bacula 2.4.4