Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Duplicate Job Control?

2009-04-21 12:07:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] Duplicate Job Control?
From: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:02:10 -0700

Hello,

I was excited to take advantage of the Duplicate Job Control feature in
3.0.0 but it does not appear to be working.  At first I assumed the
defaults listed on the New Features documentation page, then later
explicitly defined them in my jobdefs config:

JobDefs {
   Name = "DefaultJob"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
   Allow Duplicate Jobs = no
   Allow Higher Duplicates = yes
   Cancel Queued Duplicates = yes
   Cancel Running Duplicates = no
}

I used to set 'per job' the max concurrent jobs to 1, which would not
cancel duplicate jobs, but would force them to wait for the running job
to finish.

What I actually want is for the duplicate job (queued) to be canceled,
so that the running job can complete and a redundant job is not then run
immediately afterwards.  So, I changed the maximum concurrent jobs to 2,
hoping to see the duplicate job control cancel one of the duplicate jobs.

Here is what I actually experienced.  I launched a job, waited for it to
reach a running state, then launched an identical job (name, level,
priority, etc).  To my surprise the identical job reached a running
state as well!  I thought that according to the above config, the queued
job of the same priority should be canceled rather than moved into a
running state?

  JobId Level   Name                       Status
  37802 Increme  seismo70.2009-04-21_08.42.17_05 is running
  37803 Increme  seismo70.2009-04-21_08.42.30_06 is running
====

Anyone have any idea why this might not be working for me?
Am I misunderstanding how this should work?

thanks!
Stephen
berkeley seismology laboratory