Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Recovery ways in Mac OS X

2009-04-20 13:04:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Recovery ways in Mac OS X
From: Cruz González <cruz.craz AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:57:51 -0500
    Colleagues, I´m looking for a GUI method to restore files in Mac OS X.
    I´ve compiled bacula 2.4 and the backups are running well, the restore operation with bconsole´s restore command, option 5, mark all works well, just with one detail, the restoration folder in Mac was restricted to access and a manual configuration was needed. This is not an easy way to restore for a normal user, the users in the office are used to a graphic presentation of the files like in BWX-Console for Windows.
    I have also prepared my Mac to compile, Xcode 3.2.1 and wxWidgets 2.8.1 are installed and ready to compile.
    I was trying to extract the BWX-Console´s packages from bacula 3.0.0 compilation with this configuration: ./configure --enable-bwx-console and this files were created in /usr/local/bin: wx-config, wxrc and wxrc-2.8. And in the default directory where the source files are (/src/wx-console), several files including bwx-console.conf and bwx-console package were created. This package includes a directory named MacOS with a script named bwx-console.
    My doubt is how to make it works. Is there some Mac expert who have already made it? or just that knows how to join this results and make it do something. Run bwx-console and restore in Mac.

_Cruz Gonzalez

--
Cruz González
Cel    811 184 2520