Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tapes not recycling: VolStatus = Error, all job are stalled

2009-04-20 00:22:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tapes not recycling: VolStatus = Error, all job are stalled
From: Erik Lucero <erik.lucero AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:17:54 -0700
Thanks for the responses.

I successfully set the volume status to "Used" and then tried to prune the offending volume. Bacula asked if I wanted to modify the retention period, which is currently set to be 1 year. I chose yes and tried setting it to 1 day. Then I "list volumes" and the volume still has the same retention period in the pool (1 year).

Next I tried to purge the volume and Bacula reponds with:
"0 Files on Volume "June08-02" purged from catalog."

I should also mention that originally the volumes showing up as an error were added to the pool using "add" rather than label.

Any other ideas or suggestions I can try?

Thanks for the support.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:06 AM, Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de> wrote:
Hi,

19.04.2009 03:09, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>> "0 Files on Volume "June08-02" purged from catalog." And
>> then when I list volumes the offending volume is still
>> marked "error". Is there way to recycle a volume that has
>> been marked "error"?
>>

>     update volume->Volume status
>
> is the command.
>
> Just set it to recycle and all should be cool.

It's better to first set the volume status to "Used" and then prune or
purge the volume - otherwise, the catalog will not be cleared of data
that is no longer valid.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann