Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Spanish Bacula email list

2009-04-15 16:17:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Spanish Bacula email list
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd AT denx DOT de>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:09:11 +0200
Dear Kern,

in message <200904142252.49288.kern AT sibbald DOT com> you wrote:

> I am pleased to announce that I have just created a Spanish email list for
> Bacula users who wish to discuss Bacula in Spanish, and I hope this interests
> a number of you.

I have to admit that I feel sorry about such a split  of  the  commu-
nity. Now we have an English group, a French one, and a Spanish one -
with  more  to come? And more and more of interesting dicussions (and
answers to questions!) will be missed by many of us just because they
are somewhere else, in a language we don't understand.

I'm from Germany, and my English is far from perfect. I  could  write
my  messages  in  German  faster and with less thinking. But the last
thing I would wish for is a  bacula  mailing  list  in  German.  Yes,
native  language  lists  make  it easier for some people to ask their
questions, and for some others to reply to questions, but at the same
time they cut off the majority of other  users.  We  split  resources
this way, and we fragment the information available from mailing list
archives.

Creating isolated subcommunities is a bad move in my opinion.  YMMV.

For me, this is a sad day.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd AT denx DOT de
A person with one watch knows what time it  is;  a  person  with  two
watches is never sure.                                       Proverb