Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] upgrade to 3.0 from 2.2.8

2009-04-13 16:02:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] upgrade to 3.0 from 2.2.8
From: Jeff Dickens <jeff AT m2.seamanpaper DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:58:17 -0400
>>From the 2.4.0 release notes:
(http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=604636&group_id=50727)
This Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at the same time,
but they should be compatible with all 2.0.x File daemons, unless you
use some of the new features that affect the FD.  In other words, you should
not have to upgrade all your File daemons when you upgrade. There is
no database upgrade needed from version 2.0.x to 2.2.0 nor from version
2.2.x to version 2.4.0

So, I would take this, in conjunction with this from the 3.0 release notes:
This Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at the same time,
but they should be compatible with all 2.4.x File daemons, unless you
use some of the new features that affect the FD. In other words, you should
not have to upgrade all your File daemons when you upgrade. However, any
release of version 2.5.40 or greater requires a database upgrade.

to mean that my 2.2.8 Windows FDs will work with 3.0, and that there is only one database upgrade involved.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Any advice?

Jeff Dickens wrote:
I will be upgrading to 3.0 after a brief test.

Will the database update script work ?

Also, will 2.2.8 clients work with 3.0 assuming no new functionality is used?

I have been reading the release notes but it's not completely clear to me.