Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Deduplication feature

2009-04-11 18:14:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Deduplication feature
From: "Timo Neuvonen" <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:10:38 +0300
"Corneliu P" <corneliu.popescu AT gmail DOT com> kirjoitti viestissä
news:41190caf0904081236u16cf7befj586c535c59fa7513 AT mail.gmail DOT com...
Ok, then I am sending attached a new feature request.
Looking forward to its implementation - I'll look carefully for news
about it so to test it as soon as it is available.

Thanks,
Corneliu

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Marc Schiffbauer <marc AT schiffbauer DOT net>
wrote:
> * Corneliu P schrieb am 08.04.09 um 15:08 Uhr:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does Bacula support deduplication feature?
>>
>> That is, for the backup software to detect duplicate files and not
>> actually backup duplicates, but store a pointer to original backed up
>> file, and make all this transparent on restore operations?
>

> No. But it may be listed in the feature request list...

Could this conflict with backup media recylability?