Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-dir Segmentation violation - time to upgrade?

2009-04-06 13:07:53
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir Segmentation violation - time to upgrade?
From: Jeff Dickens <jeff AT m2.seamanpaper DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 13:02:41 -0400
My director just died.  It had been waiting a couple of days for a tape (the sd was on a separate server) and when I issued the mount command after changing the tape, the director instantly died:
06-Apr 12:05 packrat-dir: Fatal Error because: Bacula interrupted by signal 11:
Segmentation violation
There would have been big spool files from the job that was waiting for a tape, but I can't find them.  Is it smart enough to clean up after a director crash?

I'm running 2.2.8, which I know is now over a year old, but it had been running fine and I hadn't seen any new features I would use.  Am I running a version with known problems?    I'd been using fschwarz's RPMs, since I also use Centos, but he is still at 2.4.2.  Are there any reliability problems fixed between 2.4.2 and 2.4 4?

If I do upgrade, I'll probably go to Centos5 and MySQL 5 while I'm at it.  Does that sound like a wise move?