Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic volume numbering

2009-04-04 04:57:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic volume numbering
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 01:52:07 -0700
No, it's documented behavior. The numbers are actually the media IDs -
basically, the database primary key. If you deleted these volumes from
bacula completely, the numbering would start at 0005.

The reason for this scheme is to ensure that there are no collisions.

If you really want the numbering the way you propose, look into using
the {NumVolumes} variable expansion in your Label= statement (I think
that is the name, I can't recall for sure off the top of the head). This
variable contains the number of volumes in your pool, so counting always
starts with 0. However, there is a risk of naming collisions.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.