Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Use new client with old server?

2009-04-01 16:38:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Use new client with old server?
From: Bob Hetzel <beh AT case DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:32:24 -0400
> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:44:47 -0400
> From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
 >
> 2009/4/1 Arch Willingham <arch AT tuparks DOT com>:
>> > Our server is still at 2.4.2 (Ubuntu)?.does it matter which version of
>> > Windows clients are used? How about the beta clients
>> > winbacula-2.5.42-b2.exe?
>> >

>> > ?I just tried upgrading one of the Windows clients to
>> > winbacula-2.5.42-b2.exe and it gives an error saying ?01-Apr 13:25
>> > ubuntumachine-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: File daemon at "192.168.1.222:9102"
>> > rejected Hello command?
>> >

> Have you set up the new bacula executable as an exception in the
> windows firewall?
>
> John

I got that behavior too.  It appears that at least for the windows client
(and I presume the protocol is the same in all the others) the 2.5.x client
will not work with a 2.4.x server.  No biggie... I'll be upgrading my sever
soon enough anyway.  Unfortunately the day I picked to upgrade the server I
spent entirely too long during my downtime window tinkering with this
before I reached this conclusion.