Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes

2009-03-26 00:06:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: dbareiro AT gmx DOT net, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:44:37 -0400
2009/3/25 Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>:
> Hi all!
>
> I have the following doubt that I would like to know if you could
> clarify to me. I have a tape group from full pool that was not on in
> tape library and Bacula turn it to 'purged' state. This means that if I
> return the tapes again to the jukebox then I could not recover what they
> contain?

You can recover them as long as you do not write to them. First mark
the volumes recycle=0 then mark them Full. Then use bscan to get back
the jobs and file records that were purged from the database.

> I had thought, like preventive measure to have tapes of full pool whose
> information is always accessible independent of the time, that they are
> only possible to be manually recycle. What think of this measurement?

The full pool has no such feature. Bacula will recycle volumes
depending on the rules you set when you configured the pool.

> So the tapes can only be manually recycle must be 'Recycle = no' in the
> pool definition and that flag 'recycled' in each volume must be zero?

AutoPrune = no
Recycle = no
In the pool should be enough.
http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#PoolResource