Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Considering upgrade from bacula 1.38.11

2009-01-30 15:57:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Considering upgrade from bacula 1.38.11
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:55:19 +0100
Hi,

29.01.2009 11:19, ToMasz wrote:
> I've been using bacula 1.38.11 for some time and recently upgraded
> successfully one of my file daemons to ver. 2.4.4.
> Now I'm thinking about complete upgrade on all machines including
> director but am unsure about possible pitfalls.

There are some pitfalls waiting for you if you *don't* upgrade...

> Will my config files still work?

Yes. You might add in newer features, of course.

> Or maybe newer versions use other
> database solutions (I'm using internal bacula base)?

Not different database solutions, but a different database schema.
There are helper scripts in the distribution that you can use to
upgrade the catalog version.

You keep a backup of the catalog before the upgrade, of course :-)

And you're probably not using the internal Bacula database as that is
not usable for anything... more likely it's SQLite you're using.
Which, by the way, is not considered the best database backend for
Bacula because of seriously limited performance.

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann