Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FW: ClientRunBeforeJob problem

2009-01-29 10:44:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FW: ClientRunBeforeJob problem
From: Chad Walstrom <chewie AT wookimus DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:36:42 -0600

James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au> wrote:
> I've noticed this before too. Many many times.
>
> I think it's to do with the act of taking the time to write your
> problem out in a form that others can understand. Or it could just be
> the universe being weird.

I recall a story from college where the computer lab technicians were
getting tired of stopping by students' computers to help them debug a
program or format a document, only to find that once the student started
explaining the problem, they solved it immediately themselves.  The lab
technicians took to keeping a teddy bear at the desk.  When a student
approached for help, the technician would hand out the teddy bear and
tell the student to explain it to the bear.  If the bear didn't solve
the problem, the student would get the technician's undivided attention.
A week after implementing this practice, a second teddy bear appeared to
keep up with the demand for help from the students.

I've tried Googling for this story, but perhaps it was something local
to the U of MN, Duluth campus. :)

Chad