Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mixed autochanger configuration LTO2 // LTO3

2009-01-28 21:44:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mixed autochanger configuration LTO2 // LTO3
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: guigux AT free DOT fr, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:41:18 -0500
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM,  <guigux AT free DOT fr> wrote:
>> Start by assigning the drives a different media type for LTO2 versus LTO3.
>>
>> John
>>
> Thanks !
>
> like this in sd.conf one ?
>
> Device {
>  Name = Drive-1                      #
>  Drive Index = 0
>  Media Type = LT0-3
>  Archive Device = /dev/st0
>  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>  AlwaysOpen = yes;
>  RemovableMedia = yes;
>  RandomAccess = no;
>  AutoChanger = yes
>  #
> Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
> }
>
> Device {
>  Name = Drive-2                      #
>  Drive Index = 1
>  Media Type = LTO-2
>  Archive Device = /dev/st1
>  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>  AlwaysOpen = yes;
>  RemovableMedia = yes;
>  RandomAccess = no;
>  AutoChanger = yes
> Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
> }
> Device {
>  Name = Drive-3                      #
>  Drive Index = 2
>  Media Type = LTO-3
>  Archive Device = /dev/st2
>  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
>  AlwaysOpen = yes;
>  RemovableMedia = yes;
>  RandomAccess = no;
>  AutoChanger = yes
> Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
> }

I believe this looks fine. According to your other email about
labeling barcodes. I believe you need to make sure that the LTO2 and
LTO3 media are labeled correctly. One way to do that is to only add 1
type of media at a time and use the appropriate drive to label the
media.

I will try to answer you on the other thread on how to fix this
labeling. And please excuse me if I am not being descriptive enough, I
am very sleepy (had to get up early this morning to shovel snow/ice so
the SO could get her car out of the driveway without hitting my car..)

John