Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Indexes to speed pruning

2009-01-20 17:34:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Indexes to speed pruning
From: Brian Debelius <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:03:21 -0500
Dan Langille wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Brian Debelius wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Would there be any indexes that could be added to the database to speed
>> up pruning?  I just manually pruned a volume, and it seemed to take a
>> long time.  I have never had a need to prune a volume before today, so I
>> can't say that I really need it to be faster.  It is just a curiosity.
>

> What version of Bacula?
>
> What database?
Bacula 2.4.4 and MySQL.  I just upgraded to 2.4.4.  After I upgraded I
ran dbcheck.  Dbcheck did not finish after a day, so I added the
suggested indexes, and it completed after a few minutes.  I manually
pruned a volume because none were immediately available.  Since pruning
seemed to take a long time to complete, I thought the right index might
speed things along.