Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] products based on bacula

2009-01-20 08:42:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] products based on bacula
From: Frank Sweetser <fs AT WPI DOT EDU>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:39:55 -0500
Alan Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Mag Gam wrote:
>
>> "It comes in the night and sucks the essence from your computers."
>>
>> My manager would freak if she sees this...
>
> Given that packages with equivalent functionality to Bacula run to at
> least $30k, why would she freak?

Because many mangers, used to dealing with and fighting over budgets 7 out of
8 hours a day, tend to equate cost with value.  They're used to paying more to
get what they want, so assume that if they're not paying more, whatever
they're getting must not be what they want.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken