Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore difficulty

2009-01-18 18:24:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore difficulty
From: Tracy Reed <treed AT ultraviolet DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:20:58 -0800
I accidentally trashed an important directory and need to restore
it. I am using external USB HD's for a disk to disk backup.

home-dir Version: 1.38.10 (08 June 2006)

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)

Yes, the version of bacula is rather old but it has always worked for
me so if it ain't broke don't fix it, right?

I have an old volume on a disk. It had been autopurged from the db
because I had the purge time set too low for my current backup
schedule.  So I bscan'd it back in. It showed up in the list of jobs
and said my files were in it. I tried to restore but messed it up
because I had the wrong USB drive mounted at the time so it could not
find the volume it wanted and the restore error'd out. Then the job
got auto-pruned again. I bscan'd it back in. It got pruned again. So I
went in and told it not to auto-prune. I bscan again. I have bscan'd
three times more and for some reason it now refuses to appear in the
database. But I know it is the right volume and that my data is there
because it did successfully show up in the db once.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? Any way I can just restore
manually straight from the file like I can extract a file from a
tarball? Running bscan is such a long slow process on 80G of data.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org