Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mini stupid how-to restore mark all .bak file | nobody ?

2009-01-15 14:45:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mini stupid how-to restore mark all .bak file | nobody ?
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:42:14 +0100
Frank Altpeter wrote:
> As far as I see, a recursive marking of a file pattern is not possible
> withn bacula directly. The part in the help section "mark       mark
> dir/file to be restored recursively, wildcards allowed" means, that
> you can add a file (or file pattern) in the local directory, or you
> can add a directory, where it's contents are recursively restored.
>
> As I see, you can circumvent this restriction with a little help of your bash:
>
> In the bacula console, you type:
>
> $ find *.bak
> /usr/local/etc/courier-imap/imapd.bak
> /usr/local/etc/webmin.bak/
> /usr/local/etc/webmin.bak/config.bak
> [...]
>
> which, as you stated, does list all your files matching the *.bak
> pattern in all subdirectories. This output gets now written per
> copy-and-paste into a temporary file (with "vi tempfile.txt" for
> example). Then you output the contents of this list through a little
> bash scripting:

Thanks Frank, I've tried this but there's more than 50000 lines so
I'm trying now to find a way to output that directly in a file with basheries
and bconsole.

> for line in `cat tempfile.txt`; do echo "mark $line"; done
>
> This output would then again pasted into your bacula console with
> copy-and-paste, to mark all *.bak files.
>
> And, since the console based bconsole is capable of reading commands
> from STDIN, you're of course able to build a little shell script
> around it...

After I can use the optionnal files=<file_to_restore on a bconsole command line
as I saw in documentation.

> Hope this helps,
>

> 2009/1/13 Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>:
>> Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>>> Sorry this seems stupid but when I enter in a restore
>>> I use the choice 3 ( list of jobids )
>>>
>>> get my / rebuild
>>> If I issue a find *.bak it find and list all what I want to mark and
>>> restore (recurse also)
>>> but giving  a
>>> mark *.bak give  0 file marked
>>>
>>> help say mark dir/file to be restored recursively, wildcards allowed
>>>
>>> if I manually go to a directory containing 2 or more .bak files and issue
>>> the
>>> mark *.bak it give me what I'm waiting for
>>> 2 files marked
>>>
>>> Any suggestion ?
>>>
>>> A try was given with a 2.2.6, 2.2.8, and 2.4.4 version
>>>

> Le deagh dhùraghd,
>
>         Frank Altpeter
>

> There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
>     -- Buddha

So a not so easy & stupid question.

--

     Bruno Friedmann