Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to install the storage directory only.

2009-01-15 05:40:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to install the storage directory only.
From: Hans de Groot <hansg AT dandy DOT nl>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:24:45 +0100
hello,

I installed  / compiled bacula recently and it was quite tricky to get
it to work.

Now I like to backup to a standalone storage director on a minimal
installed system.

To create a client only I found the option --enable-client-only
Is there some option to only compile and install the storage director?

I compiled bacula on my backup server (vmware) with mysql and bat
support and lots of other options that I suspect are not needed when
only running the storage director. The vmware host has HD space so I
thought, instaed of mounting samba shares I will run a sd on the host
directly. But I really like to keep the host as clean as possible.

Is there documentation how to run every thing on seperate mashines? One
of the key features of bacula is that it consists of independent parts

thanks

---
Hans de Groot
Email: hansg AT dandy DOT nl   www: http://www.dandy.nl