Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula promoting some incremental backups to full

2009-01-13 18:36:31
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula promoting some incremental backups to full
From: "Kevin Stewart" <kevin AT domainit DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:10:48 -0500
Hello,

I have a working bacula setup with several machines running bacula-fd. The
director and SD are running on the same machine and writing to a tape
changer. Full backups are working great, and some incremental are working
just fine.

However, when I run and incremental backup for some clients, bacula
complains that it can't find a prior full backup job, even though the job
listing implies everything went fine for the last full job.

For example, list jobs shows:
+-------+----------------------+---------------------+------+-------+-------
---+--------------+-----------+
| JobId | Name                 | StartTime           | Type | Level |
JobFiles | JobBytes     | JobStatus |
+-------+----------------------+---------------------+------+-------+-------
---+--------------+-----------+
| 95    | wallaby-full         | 2009-01-03 07:34:42 | B    | F     | 207604
| 5739273240   | T         |

But when I try to run the incremental:

*run wallaby-incremental
Run Backup job
JobName:  wallaby-incremental
Level:    Incremental
Client:   wallaby-fd
FileSet:  s
Pool:     Default (From Job resource)
Storage:  Changer (From Job resource)
When:     2009-01-13 16:00:31
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=109
13-Jan 16:00 triok-dir JobId 109: No prior Full backup Job record found.
13-Jan 16:00 triok-dir JobId 109: No prior or suitable Full backup found in
catalog. Doing FULL backup.

Here is the llist output for 95 (the last full job):

           JobId: 95
             Job: wallaby-full.2009-01-02_18.40.32
        Job.Name: wallaby-full
     PurgedFiles: 0
            Type: B
           Level: F
    Job.ClientId: 6
     Client.Name: wallaby-fd
       JobStatus: T
       SchedTime: 2009-01-02 18:40:53
       StartTime: 2009-01-03 07:34:42
         EndTime: 2009-01-03 08:06:34
     RealEndTime: 2009-01-03 08:06:34
        JobTDate: 1230987994
    VolSessionId: 31
  VolSessionTime: 1229467978
        JobFiles: 207604
       JobErrors: 0
 JobMissingFiles: 0
      Job.PoolId: 1
        PooLname: Default
      PriorJobId: 0
   Job.FileSetId: 7
 FileSet.FileSet: s

I have verified that the Write Bootstrap = .... line refers to the same .bsr
file for the full and incremental definitions.

Thanks,
Kevin