Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] closing tape upon completion.

2009-01-13 15:51:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] closing tape upon completion.
From: Pascal Clermont <pascal-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:49:02 -0500
John Drescher wrote:
>> this is what I use, but on the next bacula run, bacula kept wanting to
>> load the tape prior to take into consideration that the tape was past
>> the expiration time of usage.
>>
>> The big issue is the fact that the tape is no longer in the library
>> since it is gone for safe keeping. So bacula finishes by dieing, until I
>> restart it and manually mark the tape as "full".
>>

> This is not normal behavior. How long have you allowed the volume usage?
>
> John

Pool {
   Name = Weekly
   Pool Type = Backup
   Storage = LTO
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Use Duration = 72h
   Volume Retention = 1 months
}

the LTO is only used on a weekly/monthly basis. The backup process
usually takes 24 to 48 hours.

If I remove the tape, and do a "update slots scan" or "update slots" in
bconsole, the media is still flagged "inchanger 1". this is an issue
aswell, but I can live with that, since tapes are back in the library
prior to the Volume Retention.

Pascal