Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] a job that was not started gets cancelled with "Max run time exceeded"

2009-01-13 05:20:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] a job that was not started gets cancelled with "Max run time exceeded"
From: Thomas <thomas AT ic3s DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:22:22 +0100
and it still happens with 2.4.4.

this line is all i found in the log about JobId 61211:

12-Jan 23:47:33 backup-dir JobId 61211: Fatal error: Max run time exceeded. Job
canceled.

i have five jobs running at the same time/with the same priority and with Max
RunTime= 20mins
four of them starts at 23:48:26
and the above is cancelled one minute earlier with max runtime exceeded ...
the only other time configured is still the "Max Start Delay = 18h"

as written by Alexandre Simon,
Subject" [Bacula-users] Jobs with "Max Run Time" canceled whereas not   already
started,
it seems that this bug was never fixed:
http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=621

Thomas schrieb:
> once again:
>
> 2008-08-16 11:34:11   Fatal error: Max run time exceeded. Job canceled
> job start/end time  2008-08-16 12:23, Schedule time 03:00.
>

> the only other time i have configured is Max Start Delay = 18h.
> i think this should not happen.
>

> Ryan Novosielski schrieb:
>> Thomas wrote:
>> | the job was scheduled for 03:00 but have to wait for higher priority jobs.
>> | at 18:56 all other jobs where finished,
>> | but in the meantime the job was cancelled.
>> |
>> | job table:
>> | State  Schedtime            Starttime            Endtime
>> | Cancel 2008-08-09 03:00     2008-08-09 18:56     2008-08-09 18:56
>> |
>> | bacula log:
>> | 2008-08-09 14:46:38 backup-dir JobId 49009: Fatal error: Max run time
>> exceeded. Job canceled.
>> |
>> | why has the dir canceled the job after 11 h and 46 m?
>> | Max run time for this job is set to 3h.
>> | if the job starts at e.g. 03:21 it was correctly cancelled after 3
>> hours at 06:21.
>>
>> My suspicion is that no other jobs were even being processed until the
>> high priority job was finished. If you notice, that job started and
>> finished immediately, meaning as soon as it was processed, Bacula
>> noticed that it was running more than 3 hours and cancelled it. There
>> are some other similar settings too though (Max Wait Time for example)
>> that may affect how all of these are handled.