Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup slow on local machine but fast from remote machine

2009-01-13 03:03:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup slow on local machine but fast from remote machine
From: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:00:43 +0100
Arno Lehmann schrieb:

> Given the number of files backed up, the second job is probably an
> incremental backup.

> To compare backup speeds, run full backups only.

Yes, I did a full backup on both machines.

On server #2 Bacula should backup the daily snapshots of the Vmware
images. Image-filesize 4GB or more.

With the test last night I backed up other files on server #2 instead:
   Rate: (server #1)    23847.7 KB/s
   Rate: (server #2)    41120.5 KB/s

Previous backup test with VMware snapshots:
   Rate: (server #1)    27357.5 KB/s
   Rate: (server #2)     2440.4 KB/s

Maybe the problem was with failed or outdated snapshots.

--
Ralf Brinkmann