Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "Client Run After" on an "Admin" job

2009-01-11 17:51:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] "Client Run After" on an "Admin" job
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:49:01 +1100
I recently rebuilt my Xen server such that Bacula runs inside a Xen DomU
('guest') instead of in Dom0 ('host'). I left bacula-sd on the Dom0 for
performance reasons (otherwise data would have to go into the DomU via
the network and then out again via the virtual scsi bus).

When bacula-dir and bacula-sd were both on Dom0 I could easily run an
Admin job with "Run After" to run my eject.sh script. Now that bacula-sd
is on a different virtual server I need to run eject.sh on that instead
of the director. I was hoping to do it via an Admin job with "Client Run
After Job" but an Admin job doesn't appear to actually connect to the
client.

Any suggestions?

My eject script is:

#!/bin/sh
TAPEDEV=/dev/tape/by-path/pci-0000:01:08.0-scsi-0:0:6:0-nst-nst
BCONSOLE=/sbin/bconsole

echo "unmount storage=bitvs2-tape-sd" | $BCONSOLE -c
/etc/bacula/bconsole.conf
/bin/mt -f $TAPEDEV eject 2>/dev/null >/dev/null
echo "mount storage=bitvs2-tape-sd" | $BCONSOLE -c
/etc/bacula/bconsole.conf

or in English:

. connect to the director remotely and unmount
. eject the tape
. connect to the director remotely and mount (there is no tape in there
at this point so the mount fails, but it is requires so that the tape
will be used next time it is accessed)

I could do it the other way around and issue an ssh command to eject (or
use rmt maybe?) but it seems that there must be a better way...

Thanks

James