Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Can bacula recognise newly added volumes while waiting for another volume?

2009-01-09 17:59:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Can bacula recognise newly added volumes while waiting for another volume?
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 23:57:14 +0100
Hello everyone!

Please excuse the crappy topic, I couldn't think of a better one...

Bacula just asked me to load a specific volume or lable a new one. This
is totally ok as none of the available volumes has exceeded the
retention period. In order to give bacula an appendable volume, I
manually purged one of the remaining volumes. As a result, now there in
fact is an appendable volume from the right pool available.
Is there any way to make bacula recognise the newly purged volume and
use it for the pending job?

This happened because I had to do some extra backups lately and
therefore ran out of available tapes BEFORE the oldest tapes exceeded
their retention period.

I think I could just cancel / reschedule the job but it would be smarter
if I could make Bacula notice the available volume...

Thanks for any hints and have a nice weekend!

Nils