Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] purge/prune files in all storages

2009-01-09 14:08:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] purge/prune files in all storages
From: "Victor Hugo dos Santos" <listas.vhs AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sf DOT net
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:05:54 -0300
Hello,

I have a system with 1 director, two storage (both use hard disks) and
much clients !!! :-)

I have enable auto purge and auto prune for volumes and jobs, but my
problem is with volumes, because :

1 - bacula create a job and one volume called volume-1 in storage1
2 - bacula create a job and one volume called volume-2 in storage1
3 - bacula create a job and one volume called volume-3 in storage2
[...]

now I have, this volumes/files:
     volume-1, volume-2 in storage1
     volume-3 in storage2

about a time (six months).. the system begin a recycled volumes
process, and this is the problem.
1 - bacula create a job and recycle volume-3 in storage1 and use
volume-3 in storage1, but don't reuse this volume, because not is in
storage1 and create a new file
2 - bacula create a job and recycle volume-2 in storage1 and use
volume-2 in storage1.. OK, this volume is recycled
3 - bacula create a job and recycle volume-1 in storage2 and use
volume-1 in storage2, but don't reuse this volume, because not is in
storage2 and create a new file

terminate the process, I have:
     volume-1, volume-2, volume-3 in storage1
     volume-3, volume-1,  in storage2

and I expected this resulted:
     volume-3, volume-2 in storage1
     volume-1 in storage2

In other words.. How to I can purge recycles files/volumes from all storages ??

thanks

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399