Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup errors, No Job Found

2009-01-05 12:30:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup errors, No Job Found
From: DAve <dave.list AT pixelhammer DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:01:16 -0500
Good morning. I have begun getting an error I cannot seem to track down.
It seems that the job runs fine, the volumes fill, but when the job
finishes Bacula is unable to write the completion because the job no
longer exists. It looks to me like Bacula is purging the jobs too soon.

The error I get in the backup report is as follows,

05-Jan 05:57 storage2-sd: Job write elapsed time = 04:56:31, Transfer
rate = 3.761 M bytes/second
05-Jan 05:57 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-01-05_01.00.01 Warning: Error
updating job record. sql_update.c:194 Update problem: affected_rows=0
05-Jan 05:57 director-dir: Allied-ex3.2009-01-05_01.00.01 Warning: Error
getting job record for stats: sql_get.c:293 No Job found for JobId 15303

This client gets a full backup once a night for DR. Retention is set for
12 hours. Oddly I have two jobs running for this client and one job
completes fine, the other fails.

Looking through the archives I found a few bits of information
concerning MySQL and a few bits concerning retention times and auto
pruning. I suspect I have an issues with how I setup auto pruning but
the solution eludes me. That might have something to do with 2000mg of
antibiotics a day and screaming sinuses 8^0

As to MySQL, I checked the table status and all looks well.
mysql> SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM bacula like 'File' \G
            Name: File
          Engine: MyISAM
         Version: 10
      Row_format: Dynamic
            Rows: 2749308
  Avg_row_length: 84
     Data_length: 316518320
Max_data_length: 281474976710655
    Index_length: 160896000
       Data_free: 82983144
  Auto_increment: 108368578
     Create_time: 2008-03-04 16:01:52
     Update_time: 2009-01-05 11:41:24
      Check_time: 2009-01-01 13:35:43
       Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
        Checksum: NULL
  Create_options:
         Comment:
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Checking my director config looks good also, both client's have their
backups configured identically, but only the smaller backup fails.
### SCHEDULES
Schedule {
   Name = "Allied-vm1"
   Run = Level=Full FullPool=vm1-allied-Pool mon-sun at 01:00
   }

Schedule {
   Name = "Allied-ex3"
   Run = Level=Full FullPool=ex3-allied-Pool mon-sun at 01:00
   }

### CLIENTS
Client {
   Name = allied-vm1-fd
   Address = REDACTED
   FDPort = 49201
   Catalog = DataVault
   Password = "REDACTED"          # password for FileDaemon
   File Retention = 1 week          # 30 days
   Job Retention = 1 week            # six months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
   }

Client {
   Name = allied-ex3-fd
   Address = REDACTED
   FDPort = 49202
   Catalog = DataVault
   Password = "REDACTED"          # password for FileDaemon
   File Retention = 1 week          # 30 days
   Job Retention = 1 week            # six months
   AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
   }

### POOLS
Pool {
   Name = vm1-allied-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   LabelFormat = "vm1-allied-"
   Recycle = yes
   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 12 hours
   Maximum Volumes = 240
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 0
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 1G
   }

Pool {
   Name = ex3-allied-Pool
   Pool Type = Backup
   LabelFormat = "ex3-allied-"
   Recycle = yes
   Recycle Oldest Volume = yes
   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Volume Retention = 12 hours
   Maximum Volumes = 60
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 0
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 1G
   }

Any ideas what I may have done wrong? The backup for ex3 ran fine until
a few days ago. Any assistance is appreciated.

DAve

--
The whole internet thing is sucking the life out of me,
there ain't no pony in there.