Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape test error on (supported) QUANTUM DLT8000

2008-12-29 12:21:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape test error on (supported) QUANTUM DLT8000
From: Andrea Conti <ac AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 18:20:03 +0100
Hi,

> dev open failed: dev.c:432 Unable to open device "DLT8000" (/dev/nst0):
> ERR=\
> Input/output error

Sounds like some kind of hardware (SCSI) problem, with the kernel driver
resetting the bus and losing the device at some point. Is your
cabling/termination ok?
Are there any error messages in the kernel log (dmesg)?

> Drive is a QUANTUM DLT8000, External operating on a DIFF SCSI
> connection. The adaptor shows as

> 00:09.0 SCSI storage controller: Adaptec AHA-2940U/UW / AHA-39xx /
> AIC-7895 (rev 04)

Are you sure this controller can handle differential (LVD? HVD?) SCSI?

FWIW, I've been using a DLT8000 drive with bacula for the past two years
without a problem.

Andrea