Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] btape test error on (supported) QUANTUM DLT8000

2008-12-29 12:10:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] btape test error on (supported) QUANTUM DLT8000
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:08:32 -0500
Are there any scsi errors in your dmesg?

>> Can anyone give me some hope? :)
>

> I can tell you that I have one (writing to it as we speak, actually) and
> it works just fine. I don't know that that helps though. I'm using
> Solaris so I can't really help you with version numbers either.

I used one of them for 3 or so years of every day use with bacula
until it started having problems. Specifically it could no longer
reliably read tapes even new ones. Instead of spending a lot of time
debugging this (or $600 for a new drive) I just moved all the jobs
that used this drive over to my 2 drive 24 slot LTO2 autochanger.

John