Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental promoted to full - how to diagnose?

2008-05-30 17:16:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental promoted to full - how to diagnose?
From: Harik <harik.attar AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 17:16:41 -0400
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you just added the "Ignore Fileset Changes" setting, that's the
> reason... this is considered a fileset change, and thus the next
> backup will be upgraded.

That's probably what it was, thanks.

I ended up wiping everything - the database, the old volumes, the
status, started from scratch.

It seems to be working properly now - as long as "Base" isn't supposed
to be considered "Full".  From the documentation, it indicated it was
used to save tape space - but the next job after a Base was promoted
to Full.

No fileset changes, I just ran them back-to-back.

A third run correctly did an incremental, so it's looking good now.