Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backup to harddisk use volumeonce

2008-05-30 09:33:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backup to harddisk use volumeonce
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Stephan Jennewein" <xt3 AT cccmz DOT de>, baculausers <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:33:15 -0400
> Well I did this, too, to limit the maximum filesize on the disk, but I thought
> it would be nice to have one volume for each job. If you think it doesn't
> fragment it's ok for me or do you know the page of the manual I have to look
> for?

fragment? Recycling is only an entire volume. But since the backups in
a volume should be in the same time range this should not cause
volumes to be used too much longer than the use volume once method. I
would say for filesystem fragmentation the use volume once option
should cause a lot more of that if your drive is nearly full.

John