Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows Fileset issue?

2008-05-28 16:47:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows Fileset issue?
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:47:10 +0100

> I've tried to narrow things down to the most basic example, and here
> is a problem (in my understand or the application)
>
> FileSet {
>       Name = "StandardWindowsFileSet"
>       Include {
>               Options {
>                       WildDir = "*jamie*"
>               }
>               Options {
>                       WildDir = "C:/*"
>                       exclude = yes
>               }
>       File = "C:/Documents and Settings"
>       }
> }
>
> when I run this, I see all the files in the user jamie Documents and
> Settings folder, everything is fine.
> in this file list, is his "Start Menu" folder, with links in it. I
> tried the following fileset
>
> FileSet {
>       Name = "StandardWindowsFileSet"
>       Include {
>               Options {
>                       WildDir = "*Start*"
>               }
>               Options {
>                       WildDir = "C:/*"
>                       exclude = yes
>               }
>       File = "C:/Documents and Settings"
>       }
> }
>
> just changing the WildDir from jamie, to start, hoping to see all
> users Start Menu files listed. (not a real world backup but I'm trying
> to fix my regex and this seems odd).
>
> Why would this start example not work?

The problem is that excluding WildDir = "C:/*" excludes "C:/Documents and
Settings/jamie" and hence Bacula never finds his Start Menu folder.  It needs
some trickery to match all of the dirs in "C:/Documents and Settings" but
nothing else.

Something like this should work:

FileSet {
        Name = "StandardWindowsFileSet"
        Include {
                Options {
                        WildDir  = "C:/Documents and Settings/*/Start Menu"
                        Wild     = "C:/Documents and Settings/*/Start Menu/*"
                        RegExDir = "C:/Documents and Settings/[^/]+$"
                }
                Options {
                        Wild = "C:/Documents and Settings/*"
                        exclude = yes