Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Backup speed

2008-05-26 15:13:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Backup speed
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: baculausers <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:13:24 -0400
>I got some servers tranfer rate too slow, and I want speed up.
>Do you know one way ?

Usually the first step is to determine the reason for the slowness. It
could be network speed, too slow cpu, not enough memory on server,
slow disk speed, disk contention (database on the same disk that is
being backed up), improperly indexed database, spooling (or lack of
spooling), software compression, filesystem trashing, incremental or
differential backups, using too old a version of bacula (1.38 or
less)...

John