Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] max wait time clarification

2008-05-22 05:10:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] max wait time clarification
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:10:25 +0300
On Thursday 22 May 2008 12:00, Mantas M. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could anybody please clarify, how Max Wait Time directive should be
> used? Specifically, should the job get canceled while it is waiting for
> higher priority jobs to finish? (the manual kind of says the opposite,
> but thats not what Im seeing)

Well, as I understand it, the job should be cancelled if it has been waiting
for smth (that may be running higher priority jobs) more than specified
in "max wait time", ie. hasn't started running during the specified time.

> Moreover, how should i interpret the following lines in the manual:
>
> ---
> Max Wait Time = <time> The time specifies the maximum allowed
> time that a job may block waiting for a resource (such as waiting
> for a tape to be mounted, or ___waiting for the storage or file       daemons
> to perform their duties___), <...>
> ---
>
> If for a file daemon it takes longer than stated in Max Wait Time
> parameter to transfer the data to SD, should the job be canceled,
> because file daemon failed to "perform his duties" in maximum allowed time?

To my mind it should not do that (as there's "max run time" for that), but
when I tried using "max wait time", that's exactly what happened - the job
was cancelled during its run. So I think it just doesn't work as it should..

But what's exactly your target here? Maybe it could be solved another way?

--
Silver