Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Truncating Disk Volumes?

2008-05-20 17:06:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Truncating Disk Volumes?
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:06:22 -0500
Hemant,

On Tue 20 May 2008 15:31, Hemant Shah wrote:
> What version of Bacula are you running?

        Good point. I'm still running an old version, the Debian Stable (Etch)
version: 1.38.11-8 (28 June 2006). (We have a saying around here: "If it
ain't broke, don't fix it!" This version works well for me. I'll be upgrading
this fall when the next Debian Stable (Lenny) version is due to be released.)

> Can you send me the output of "list volumes" command?

        Attached (bconsole.out).

> I am trying to debug the script and it seems that my output is different
> then your output.

        Yes, definitely, it is different. However, the first three fields that
I am
extracting from the listing are the same: MediaId, VolumeName, & VolStatus.
What may be confusing you is that Perl matrices start counting with zero. So,
Line[1] actually references the second field. Also, the "split" command
seperates fields based upon white space, so the first field, Line[0] is the
pipe character (|), and so on.

> I am attaching the sample of "list volumes" command output. First one is
> the disk pool and second one is the tape pool, I do not see "Tape:" in the
> tape volume.

        No problem. That's just because of the way I name my tapes--all of my
tape
volume names include the word "Tape". :-)

        Since I have so few tapes, I pretty much manage them manually. With
this
script I'm interested only in managing my disk volumes.

Cheers!

cmr