Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Truncating Disk Volumes?

2008-05-13 10:26:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Truncating Disk Volumes?
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:24:30 -0500
Mingus,

On Mon 12 May 2008 15:22, Mingus Dew wrote:
> I know that Bacula doesn't delete actual data, it just prune's from the
> catalog based on Client, Job, or Pool configuration. I was wondering how I
> can truncate disk volumes that have jobs/files pruned from the catalog, but
> the data still exists. I'm running into space usage issues. I realize I
> could limit the volume sizes, but that doesn't solve my situation of
> deleting data.
>
> Thanks

I handle this with a perl program which is run daily as an admin job. It
filters a list of volumes from bconsole for purged status and then executes a
system command to delete the files. I'm sure details vary greatly from site
to site, but I think this is the generally accepted way of doing this.

HTH.

Cheers!

cmr
--
Debian 'Etch' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------