Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Description of volume status?

2008-05-20 16:12:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Description of volume status?
From: Hemant Shah <hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:12:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com

--- On Tue, 5/20/08, Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de> wrote:

> From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Description of volume status?
> To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
> Date: Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 2:39 PM
> Hemant Shah schrieb:
> >
> >   Where can I find the description of the each of the
> volume status?
> >   I looked at the online manual but could not find it.
> >
> >   After my full backups are done, the tape has
> volstatus of Append.
> >   I would like to change it so that it cannot be used
> again. Should
> >   I change it to "Used" or "Full".
>
> One of these options might be helpful:
>
> http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION002611000000000000000
>
> Ralf

I tried to use "Use Volume Once", but it was creating lots of problem, because
I spool data to disk and after the first client (Job) was written to the tape
bacula was giving errors for the subsequent jobs. I do not want to use "Maximum
Volume Jobs" because if I add new machines or remove old machines from backup
then I have to remember to change this volume.

I prefer to update the status in run after script.

Hemant Shah
E-mail: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com