Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Proplem upgrading from 1.38 to 2.2

2008-05-16 15:29:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Proplem upgrading from 1.38 to 2.2
From: "Jari Fredriksson" <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:52:12 +0300
> I running bacula server on a Debian Etch.

Now the problem is with host names.

I used to have fqdn hostnames in bacula-dir.conf

NOW: dir, sd and fd on the server do not see each others with those fqdn names!

It I put localhost to those addresses, they do work.

BUT: remoted hosts do not connect to sd anymore, they are using "localhost" and
of course fail miserably. So I guess fqdn is the way to go.

But "status storage" gives only

16-May 20:47 wellington-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:129 Unable to connect
to Storage daemon on wellington.lan.dyn-o-saur.com:9103. ERR=Connection refused
*status storage
Automatically selected Storage: DDS2-Drive
Connecting to Storage daemon DDS2-Drive at wellington.lan.dyn-o-saur.com:9103

Failed to connect to Storage daemon DDS2-Drive.

Oh my.

Fun with upgrades..